[Pgpool-general] is there a way out of degeneration mode

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Thu Jan 26 17:57:36 GMT 2006

>>I may be able to devote some development resources here to pgpool : I was
>>wondering if some automated test programs/scripts would be useful ?
>>(are there any that exist already ?)
>>

>I've been doing testings with standard PostgreSQL regression test
>suits. Please look into pgpool's README how to work with it.

I must confess that I was thinking here about functional tests for
pgpool functionality.
The posgresql regression test suite used in conjunction with pgpool
would seem to
provide good test coverage for some of the code : for example handling
the wire
protocol correctly. But I'm thinking of test cases for scenarios such as
switchover;
failure to contact either the master or slave (e.g. one or other is
rebooted); specific
white-box tests for cases that seem likely to cause trouble such as
mixing update
and select queries in load balance + master_slave mode.