[Pgpool-general] 3 Servers needed?

Damian Lubosch dl at xiqit.de
Wed Feb 22 13:22:54 GMT 2006

Hello!

I am about to set up a postgresql replication system and would like to
try out pgpool.

But I couldn't find anywhere one important information:
Do I need a seperate machine to run pgpool? Or is it possible to run it
on both - the primary and secondary pgsql machine?

I mean in case of a total failure of one machine the switchover has to
be managed somehow. So if the primary pgsql server goes down (with its
pgpool) is it possible that a (second running) pgpool instance on the
secondary server takes over?

Thanks a lot!
Damian.