[Pgpool-general] Possible bug with pgpool-3.0.0 + patches and PQprepare()

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Feb 10 16:05:54 GMT 2006

> Hi, this problem showed up in a real appliction , but I've reproduced it
> with a simple test program, attached. Upon executing PQprepare(),
> the test app hangs when using pgpool. If I point the test app at the
> database server directly, it does not hang.
>
> In the course of investigating this, I captured packet traces from
> the pgpool and non-pgpool cases, but they didn't make much sense
> to me in ethereal (they're different, but I couldn't see an obvious smoking
> gun as to what went wrong). If it would help, I can go back and take
> similar packet captures from this test program and send them along.
>
> This is the debug output from pgpool  when I run the command:

Thanks. It seems prepared queries are broken with master/slave
mode. Include patches shoud fix the problem. Note that the patches are
gainst 3.0. If you have already applied previous patches, and want to
apply changes incremnetaly, please use following part in the patches.

*** 1660,1665 ****
--- 1663,1675 ----
  		default:
  			if (MAJOR(backend) == PROTO_MAJOR_V3)
  			{
+ 				if (MASTER_SLAVE)
+ 				{
+ 					master_slave_was_enabled = 1;
+ 					MASTER_SLAVE = 0;
+ 					master_slave_dml = 1;
+ 				}
+
  				status = SimpleForwardToBackend(fkind, frontend, backend);
  				if (pool_flush(MASTER(backend)))
  					status = POOL_ERROR;