[Pgpool-general] Small change for v3 formatted ErrorResponce handling.

Kenji Kikuchi kenji.kikuti at ctc-g.co.jp
Sat Aug 26 11:00:36 UTC 2006

Hi Ishii San,

In my environment(pgpool 3.1.1 on RHEL4 with two backend PostgreSQL
8.1.14 and 7.3.14), I noticed frontend reports following message, when
backend pg_hba.conf rejects a connection and sends v3 formatted
ErrorResponce.

[frontend message]
$ psql -p 9999 -d test
psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
         before or while processing the request.

[backend log]
$ tail -f /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_log/postgresql-2006-08-26_194414.log
FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "131.248.226.93", user "postgres",
database "test", SSL off

To forward v3 formatted ErrorResponce, I added two small functions.
Please find my attachment. The idea for themodification is from
libpq/fe-connect.c in PostgreSQL 8.1.4. I believe this change helps
frontend programs.

Thank you,
Kenji Kikuchi

--