[Pgpool-general] Master and only one slave?

Jeff Davis pgpool at j-davis.com
Thu Aug 3 19:18:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 14:58 -0400, Brad Nicholson wrote:
> I think you should plan for the scenario that your slony replica is
> falling further behind than a planned small lag time.  A burst of
> traffic, network issues, a slon falling over can all cause a replica to
> fall further out of sync than you might care for.

True, good point.

> You also have to be aware of the fact that any write operation that is
> outside of a transaction might get redirected to the subscriber, which
> the slony triggers will cause to fail.

That's only true of a SELECT query that has a write side-effect, right?

Also, I am interested in using multiple slaves, is that something that I
should try to write a patch for? It makes sense that we should be able
to have as many slave databases as we want, right?

Regards,
	Jeff Davis