[Pgpool-general] General pgpool locking issues

Jacinta Carvalho jacinta.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 11:19:29 UTC 2006

On 8/2/06, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> > We turned debugging on and basically its finding a kind mismatch on a
> > standard select.
> >
> > Ill try to pull together some logging data and send it your way.
>
> Ok.
>
> > Let me
> > know what you find out about the weight distribution piece. Thanks.
>
> I found that pgpool does not allow weight = 0 and believe this is an
> oversight. However load balance should work fine whatever weight is,
> since in the load balance mode SELECT query should be sent to one of
> the servers, not both and this means kind mismatch error should not
> happen. I will wait for your logging data to find out what is wrong.

I also have this "kind mismatch", that's why I'm not sure to keep
using pgpool for replication. I haven't tried yet to use the load
balance solution so my question can be inappropriate. If the SELECT
request is sent only to one DB server, how can you know about a real
database corruption ? If pgpool goes on sending datas to both DB, they
can be different (because of a network problem or whatever) and no
alarm will be sent...

--
Jacinta Carvalho
jacinta.carvalho at gmail.com