[Pgpool-general] Eh? Only 2 servers?

Josh Berkus josh at agliodbs.com
Fri May 13 23:42:29 GMT 2005

Ishii-san,

> Currently yes. You could cascade pgpool to serve more than two
> PostgreSQL servers but it might add some overhead.

More management overhead than performance, but the former would be a pain.

> I have a plan to extend pgpool to handle more than two serers but it
> will take some time...

Well, fortunately we only need 2 servers.   However, I know a few people who
could use more.   BTW, I'm very impressed with how low (practically
non-existant) the performance overhead for pgPool is.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions