[Pgpool-general] Pgpool and pg_autovacuum

Tatsuo Ishii t-ishii at sra.co.jp
Mon Jul 4 13:57:14 GMT 2005

> Ok,
> And what about transaction ID? May VACUUM change ID's in a different way
> between master and slave, thus causing pgpool entering degeneration mode?

Different XIDs among servers do not immdediately cause the
degeneration. However if your queries depend on XIDs, that might be a
problem. For example, if your query is something like this:

SELECT * from t1 WHERE xmin > 10000;

In this case servers might return different number of result rows and
that will cause the degeneration.