[Pgpool-general] Missing asprintf declaration

Peter Eisentraut peter_e at gmx.net
Fri Feb 25 18:51:46 GMT 2005

I see this during the compilation of pgpool 2.5.1:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DDEFAULT_CONFIGDIR=\"/etc\" -I. -I. -I.  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations   -g -O2 -cpool_error.c
pool_error.c: In function `pool_error':
pool_error.c:47: warning: implicit declaration of function `asprintf'

Since asprintf is a varargs function, this is a real problem.  I had to
add -D_GNU_SOURCE to CPPFLAGS to quiet the warning.  PostgreSQL proper
also uses this flag, so it probably won't hurt to add it.

--
Peter Eisentraut