[Pgpool-general] trouble with switchover

Jeff Hoffmann jeff at propertykey.com
Mon Feb 21 17:21:57 GMT 2005

I just downloaded pgpool and I'm trying to learn how to use it.  The
feature that attracted me to this project is switchover and
unfortunately that's the thing I'm having problems with.  I've set up a
master and secondary server in the conf file & was able to connect to
the master.  I then issued a switch command to switch to the secondary
server.  Here's the command I used:

$ pgpool -f pgpool.conf -m smart psql -s s switch
2005-02-21 10:57:45 LOG:   pid 27208: switch over request sent

Now when I tried to connect through pgpool, I connected to the secondary
  server.  So far, so good.  Then I tried to switch back to the master
using the following command:

$ pgpool -f pgpool.conf -m smart -s m switch
2005-02-21 10:58:15 LOG:   pid 27241: switch over request sent

When I try to connect to pgpool, I'm still connecting to the secondary
server.  Is there something else I have to do to switch back to the
master server?

--
Jeff Hoffmann
jeff at propertykey.com