[Pgpool-general] NOTIFY/LISTEN forwarding?

Chad Robinson crj at lucubration.com
Fri Feb 4 18:50:09 GMT 2005

I'm playing around with version 2.4, and am having a problem with the NOTIFY
feature of Postgres. When I LISTEN, my entry shows up in pg_listeners, so
pgpool is clearly passing that through to the server. But NOTIFY commands
don't seem to make it back to the client. If I send a bunch of them I'll
sporadically receive one or two, especially if I kill and restart the client
(and it connects to the same pgpool PID) but this is sporadic.

Is this a bug, or just something pgpool isn't designed to do yet? I see some
NoticeResponse and similar functions in the code, but I don't know if this is
meant for real usage yet.

Anything I can do to analyze this further? I'm no stranger to C but I'm very
new to Postgres, so be gentle.

Thanks,
Chad