[Pgpool-general] RE: Bad degeneration when shutting down secondary backend

Pablo Milano pm-pgpool at datatransfer.com.ar
Fri Aug 19 13:58:12 GMT 2005

I was thinking in a workaround.
If I can detect that pgpool does not have any live backend, I can restart
the daemon, so it will re-detect the really alive backend and will perform
the correct degeneration. This can be done externally by a shell script.
Maybe, pgpool can restart himself when both backends are shut down. ¿What do
you think about this? ¿May it solve the problem?