[Pgpool-general] RE: Bad degeneration when shutting down secondary backend

Pablo Milano pm-pgpool at datatransfer.com.ar
Thu Aug 18 19:42:14 GMT 2005

> Unfortunately pgpool's data difference detection is not perfect, and
> sometimes it raise false alarm. That's why I recommend setting
> replication_stop_on_mismatch to false.

The point here is that, if I shut down the secondary backend in a working
production environment, degeneration mode performs in the wrong way
(shutting down the master backend instead of the secondary). As a result,
the entire environment would be down (secondary is down and master is shut
down by pgpool).
This behaviour may be avoided by setting "replication_stop_on_mismatch" to
false, but on the other hand, if a real data mismatch exist, it won't be
detected.
Is there any other way to avoid pgpool detection of a data mismatch when one
backend is being shut down?

Thanks.