[pgpool-hackers: 1429] Migrating our docs to SGML

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sat Feb 27 12:03:24 JST 2016

Hi,

On top of Usama's work, I have created a patch to migrate part of our
docs from a hand waved HTML to SGML generated HTML as PostgreSQL
does. This is of course one of the works toward pgpool-II 3.6.

He added doc/src/ directory and made necessary modification to
configure and Makefile along with PostgreSQL's SGML files. Thanks
Usama for the hard work. I just modified the SGML files to minimize
the number of files so that we could easily start to create our own
SGML docs.

The patch is here as a pull request against the GitHub official mirror
of pgpool2 repo because: 1) the patch is huge and is inconvenient to
post to the mailing list 2) easy to poke around the patch

https://github.com/tatsuo-ishii/pgpool2/commit/fd0dd7d98d6594e04593f0b39263ec47485dadc8

The generated HTML files can be found here:

http://tatsuo-ishii.github.io/pgpool2/html/

As you can see, most of current doc contents are missing, and we need
to work hard to migrate current contents to the new SGML format. So we
are welcome volunteers who wish to work on this area.

After developers confirm the patch, I will commit to the master branch
on the main git repo.