[pgpool-hackers: 956] pgpool_status

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Sat Jun 27 20:14:09 JST 2015

Currently pgpool-II does not save pgpool_status file when it's
changed. Instead it saves when pgpool-II explicitly is going
shutdown. This is fine in most cases and it saves slight CPU cycles.
But what if pgpool-II killed abnormally? Or the system forces
pgpool-II to go down by OOM killer?  In these cases next pgpool-II
restarting could load obsolete status file.

So I tend to think pgpool-II should save the file as soon as when the
status is changed. If there's no objection, I will come up with a
patch for this.