[pgpool-hackers: 942] health check user, password, dbname configuration [FEATURE REQUEST]

Josh Joy josh at devops.center
Thu Jun 18 20:56:45 JST 2015

Hello,

I am working on running pgpool on heroku. Has anyone tried this before?

What I am finding out is that I need to be able to configure the username,
password, and database name per backend.

The following features are requested

1) Ability to configure the database name that the health check connection
connects to. Currently it can be toggled between "template1" and
"postgres". Though in enviornments where we don't have control (e.g.,
heroku) we need to be able to configure the database name.

2) Ability to configure username, password, and database name per backend
for the health check. In enviornments where we don't have control (e.g.,
heroku) we need to be able to configure the database name.

Thanks in advance,
Josh