[pgpool-general: 9034] Re: Very high numbers of segfaults in PgPool-II node

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Mar 1 15:01:20 JST 2024

> But unfortunately the binaries we are using are stripped. Given this, is there any way in which we can determine what happened? I saw online that one can use the "Code:" lines to extract the bytes surrounding the failing instruction, but would that be helpful in this case? It's the first time it has ever happened, and we can't correlate the event with any changes or external factors. Is there some way in which we can find such a transient issue?

In general you can use debuginfo package.

In the mean time,

> WARNING:  error while getting cache item header, invalid item id: 30

This may be related to a bug which was already fixed in 4.4.4 because
the message is from query cache module.

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=a091bcb4dece8b09089689a8fa775136f61e75df

If so, updating to 4.4.4 or higher should fix the problem.

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC