[pgpool-general: 9068] Re: Segmentation after switchover

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 19:51:38 JST 2024

Op wo 3 apr 2024 om 12:36 schreef Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>:

> > Thank you for testing the patch.  I have been looking into the source
> > code and have found more places where "volatile" is lacking. I will
> > come up with a new patch tomorrow.
>
> So far, it seems there's no place "volatile" is needed, and I will not
> create additional patches. Probably the segfault is caused by other
> reasons.

Is there any way I can help you track down the cause of this issue? In our
test setup, it is fairly easy to reproduce, so I can add additional logging
if needed. I'm currently rerunning the tests with the fix for the
uninitialized value and report back with the results (this does take a
couple of hours).

Best regards,
Emond