[pgpool-general: 8943] add / re-add a node to pgpool & repmgr

Sbob sbob at quadratum-braccas.com
Thu Oct 12 03:34:08 JST 2023

All;

I have been testing pgpool and repmgr

I have a failover script that will promote a new node if needed and then
unregister the node from the repmgr cluster

My question is how to add a new node as a standby (or re-add a failed
node as a standby)

I understand I can register the node with repmmgr once I setup streaming
replication, but whats the best way to add it to pgpool in such a way
that a pgpool restart still picks it up.

Is it best to use pcp_attach_node? or do I need to edit the pgpool.conf
file and force a reload?

I want to make sure that the newly added node is available for
load_balancing

Thanks in advance