[pgpool-general: 8664] One node always primary

Jesús Campoy jesuscampoy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 08:34:00 JST 2023

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a mechanism to ensure one node is always
primary.
I have seen the ALWAYS_PRIMARY flag in the config file but I couldn't make
it work.
I tried to put in the backend_flag the value
"ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER|ALWAYS_PRIMARY" with no success.

I have two nodes with streaming replication (server1 and server2). Server1
is primary but sometimes I have to power off it and the server2 will be the
new master because of the failover. What I need is to make the server1 the
new master when it is powered on again.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Thanks in advance.

Best,