[pgpool-general: 8633] Re: Watchdog Support for IPv6 Network

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Mar 10 14:23:57 JST 2023

> Hello pgpool team,
>
> I used Pgpool-II 4.1.15 in my project. If the PostgreSQL backend server is deployed using IPv6 addresses, PCP process and
> watchdog process cannot bind IPv6 addresses.
>
> I noticed that PCP process in Pgpool-II 4.4 already supports IPv6 networks, but watchdog still can only bind IPv4.
> (According to https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/TODO#Support_IPv6_network)
>
> I'd like to know when you plan to implement watchdog support for IPV6 networks.

I personally think it is desirable to implement that for upcoming V4.5
release (supposed to be released by the end of 2023).

> Also, if I want to replace Pgpool-II 4.1.15 with Pgpool-II 4.4.2, is it compatible? I'm using PostgreSQL 11.13.

There are some incompatibilities between Pgpool-II 4.1 and 4.4.
Please check the "Migration to Version XXX" section in the release
notes.

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/release-4-4-0.html
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/release-4-3-0.html
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/44/en/html/release-4-2-0.html