[pgpool-general: 8825] Re: pgpool_recovery extension

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jun 8 11:57:12 JST 2023

> I'm about to help troubleshoot an online recovery process and want to be sure we have the right version of the pgpool_recovery extension.  I don't know how to find the version requirements based on the pgpool version.  Is this documented somewhere?

Like other extensions, pgpool_recovery extension's version is counted
up if API is changed. As pgpool_recovery is designed to keep backward
compatibility, the requirements are that you should use the version or
higher version of pgpool_recovery coming with each pgpool release.
Unfortunately there's no documentation regarding the versions of
pgpool_recovery.

However, you can look into the source to find out what version comes
with the pgpool release. For example,

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=blob;f=src/sql/pgpool-recovery/pgpool_recovery.control;h=3940edb09dc38d850ed097ca4699e0ad8945952f;hb=6aebf24aa9a627f4c852e44f6407f17a34d50528
This is source code of src/sql/pgpool_recovery/pgpool_recovery.control:
As you can see the pgpool_recovery version is 1.4. (same as v4.3).

Best reagards,
SRA OSS LLC