[pgpool-general: 8614] Trying to understand $ARCHIVEDIR

Paul Cunnane paul.cunnane at westnet.ie
Mon Feb 27 20:55:09 JST 2023

Checking out increasing disk usage on my primary db server I noticed log
archives were building up in ~postgres/archivedir. It's been a while since
I set up my pgpool-II cluster so I had to do some digging to understand why
the logs are being archived there, and it turns out it's because they're
referenced in my follow_primary.sh (as copied from the sample script).

Assuming I'm happy with my backup strategy in general, is there a reason I
need to keep these archived files? Do I need the archive_command at all?

--

*Paul Cunnane* | CEO
Westnet Broadband Mayo Ltd t/a Westnet