[pgpool-general: 8591] Re: PGPool 4.3.3 hang when Postgres host stopped

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Feb 4 08:42:16 JST 2023

That's a system call trace, not stack trace.  I am not familiar with
Debian. So I don't know how to get a stack trace on Debian 11, but in
my Ubuntu case:

- Older Ubuntu:

Before starting enable coredump.
ulimit -c unlimited
start pgpool
got segfault
gdb pgpool core
bt

- Newer Ubuntu (probably 20 and after)
make sure to start apport (you can confirm by: systemctl status apport)
depending on how your installtion of pgpool, you should find core file
either /var/crash or /var/lib/apport/coredump
got segfault
gdb pgpool core
bt

Best reagards,