[pgpool-general: 8228] load_balance_mode is off by default but balancing works?

Nikola(HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:46:31 JST 2022

Hello,

For our Pgpool, we did not set the parameter load_balance_mode. Its
default is off. When we noticed this, we checked it by command "pgpool
show load_balance_mode". Check returned 0. This means balancing was
disabled. Correctly?

However, the load balancing worked, according to various checks (for
example, "show pool_nodes" command), read requests were routed to
read-only replicas.

Could you comment on this behavior of Pgpool?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
   Nikola