[pgpool-general: 5544] Re: pgpool and erlang - request hangs

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed May 31 18:14:50 JST 2017

> Hello Tatsuo.
>
> Did  you have an opportunity to look into our problem? Is there anything I
> can do to help you nail this bug?

I was a little bit busy past 1 week due to attending PGCon in
Ottawa. I will look into this. BTW, strange thing is, I was succeeded
in reproducing your problem by using my own test tool and confirmed
the fix works. Probably there are more causes which I am missing in
your case.

> Just in case, I'm attaching fresh debug log after applying your last patch
> from  pgpool-general:5506  and I've added a log entry to ensure that
> I'm running a patched version. So pool_proto_modules.c looks like this
> from line 2477:
>                 case 'H':       /* Flush */
>                         if (MAJOR(backend) == PROTO_MAJOR_V3)
>                         {
>                                 if (fkind == 'H')
>                                 {
>                                     ereport(DEBUG1,
>                                         (errmsg("Entered patched location"),
>                                              errdetail("message type was %c(%02x)", fkind, fkind)));
>                                         pool_set_doing_extended_query_message();
>                                 }
>                                 status = SimpleForwardToBackend(fkind, frontend, backend, len, contents);
>                                 break;
>                         }
>
> Indeed, debug log contains records
>>DEBUG:  Entered patched location
>>DETAIL:  message type was H(48)
>>LOCATION:  pool_proto_modules.c:2484
>
> To sum up:
> replication_mode = off
> load_balance_mode = on
> master_slave_mode = on
> master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream'
> memory_cache_enabled = off
>
> If master_slave_mode is off, then connection from erlang library does not hang.

Thank you for additional information.