[pgpool-general: 5507] Re: Resetting Pgpool cache

Ankur Jain ankur.jain at obeohealth.com
Fri May 19 07:36:38 JST 2017

We host several applications on the same DB. Sometimes  folks apply
patches/update to some databases by directly connecting to the DB instead
of through pgpool. To fix the problem, I have to restart the service which
brings down all the applications connected to the pgpool service. These
applications now have to create brand new DB connections to continue
working which is pretty drastic.

Having an option to reset cache in such a scenario without bringing the
service down is convenient.  Then I just have to take a performance hit
till the cache warms up again.
-AJ