[pgpool-general: 5469] max_pool parameter question (again!)

Pierre Timmermans ptim007 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 02:58:45 JST 2017

Hi,
This question was asked recently (thread 5439) but I don't understand the answer (I cannot reply to this thread because I was not yet subscribed). So I still cannot understand when the  max_pool parameter is taken into consideration by pgpool
Like in the initial question, I experimented with num_init_children=1 and max_pool=2
If I connect with userA, then obviously it works. Then, in another window, I connect with userB : but it hangs (until I disconnect userA). My understanding of max_pool was that each children could cache 2 connections, one for each database user.
As it is not the case, I am wondering in which use case the max_pool parameter has an effect ?
Regards and thanks,
Pierre