[pgpool-general: 5452] Re: Pgpool-II 3.6.4, 3.5.8 are now officially released.

Devrim Gündüz devrim at gunduz.org
Thu May 11 22:34:09 JST 2017

Hi,

With full respect to your work, I think Pgpool release management should be
considered from scratch.

I have seen no "heads-up" in any Pgpool mailing list that I'm subscribed to
(and I think I'm subscribed to all of them). Why? Was it that hard to ping
people just a few days ago?

The PostgreSQL community pushed new minor releases today, and packagers were
busy with that. So, why did you announce Pgpool today? One day earlier could
easily make our lives easier, we could work on the packages and push whole new
set to the repos.

Until now, you used to release on Fridays, which is also not the best day for
people to catch up and update their systems.

I'm sorry, if we are working as a community, let's act like that. I know I
complained about release process before, but it is sad that there is no
progress.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim Gündüz