[pgpool-general: 4722] Re: Problem shutting down interfaces

Guptesh Kumar guptesh.cg4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 03:24:44 JST 2016

Hi Ricardo,

I am facing a similar issue -

Node 1 : Master pgpool, Master Postgresql
Node 2 : Slave Pgpool, Slave Postgresql

When I pull out the power cable of  master node(Node 1), the Slave watchdog
promotes itself to Master correctly. But the pgpool in NOW master node(Node
2) neither disconnects the Node 1 Postgresql  from the pool nor it promotes
the Node 2 postgresql as Master(failover does not happen). All my DB
connection hangs.

I tried various values for health_check parameters but none of them helped.

Softwares Used are -
pgpool-II-pg94-3.5.2-1pgdg.rhel7.x86_64
postgresql94-server-9.4.7-1PGDG.rhel7.x86_64

Thanks & Regards,
Guptesh