[pgpool-general: 3490] Re: Reg Failover script in Pgpool

Alex Toth atoth at gravity.com
Fri Feb 27 07:38:09 JST 2015

There's a lot to look at.  For starters, make sure your recovery.conf
has $PGDATA/trigger as the trigger file and not some other path.  Also
check the pgpool.log to see if pgpool even tried to elect a new master.

The best thing you can do after that is to su to the user pgpool runs as
on your pgpool node and run "sh -x /usr/local/etc/failover.sh . . . "
with the arguments you expect pgpool would have run and see what it
does. It could be something as simple as having to accept an ssh host
key (for which I suggest adding "-o StrictHostKeyChecking=no" to your
script's ssh command so you don't have that problem).

alex