[pgpool-general: 2881] Re: Problems with the LOCK patch in Bind phase included in 3.3.2

Jose Maria Alvarez Fernandez josemaria.alvarez at 2020mobile.es
Mon May 26 18:07:43 JST 2014

Hi Yugo,

Thanks for your response. Let me prepare a test environment and i will send
them to you. I hope I will be able to send them to you by next week.

Thank you,

Jose Maria.

On 26 May 2014 10:59, Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On Mon, 19 May 2014 12:20:35 +0200
> Jose Maria Alvarez Fernandez <josemaria.alvarez at 2020mobile.es> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am writing because I would need some help with a strange behaviour we
> are
> > having with our pgpool2 installation.
> >
> > Our deployment includes two Postgresql 9.3.4 servers in synchronous
> > streaming replication, and a pgpool2 cluster with watchdog configured to
> > access them, in replication mode and with load balancing.
> >
> > When we deployed the 3.3.2 versión, we saw an unexpected behaviour that
> > wasn't there in the 3.3.1 release. Our application started to get
> deadlocks
> > when introducing data from different threads simultaneously. I think I've
> > narrowed the problem to this bugfix introduced in 3.3.2:
> >
> > Fix data inconsistency problem with native replication mode + extended
> >       protocol case
> >
> > Per bug report by Steve Kuekes in [pgpool-general: 2142].
> >
> http://www.sraoss.jp/pipermail/pgpool-general/2013-September/002171.html
>
> How did you check the commit is the problem? By usign git bisect?
>
> For analysis, the exact log messages of pgpool with log_statement=on
> and backend log are helpful for me. Could you please send me this?
>

> > It seems that, as our application is using OpenJPA to manage data, and
> > it doesn't ensure the insert order, some of the inserts trying to get
> > a lock in a table that other thread as already locked, but this thread
> > is also trying to acquire a lock in a table that the other thread has
> > already locked, due to the unordered insert statements.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea of how can we workaround this, to keep pgpool2
> > versions up to date? I haven't found an option to force OpenJPA to
> "order"
> > the inserts.
> >
> > Thank you all,
> >
> > Jose Maria.
> >
> > --
> >

> > Brightstar 20:20 mobile
> > C/ Arroyo de los Prados. 5. P.I. Las Arenas. 28320 (MADRID) Spain
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >
> > This e-mail has been sent by Brightstar 20:20 mobile.
> >
> > Telephone number: +34 911 032 160.
> >
> > Please see our website for further information, www.brightstar-2020.es/<
> http://www.2020mobile.com/confidentiality-notice/>
> >
> > *P please consider the environment and only print this if required*
> >
> > ------------------------------
> >

> --
> Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>

--
JOSE MARIA ALVAREZ
SYSTEMS ARCHITECT

Tel: +34 91 103 21 60 (Ext. 316)
Móvil: +34 +34 637 792 144
C/ Arroyo de los Prados, 5 - P.I. Las Arenas
28320 Pinto - Madrid. Spain

www.brightstar-2020.es