[pgpool-general: 2878] Re: pgpool children process in DISCARD state

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Mon May 26 17:01:51 JST 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014 09:41:46 +0200
Stéphane Bouteille <stephane.bouteille at novigotech.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Do you known why these processes are in this state ?
>
> So there is nothing automated in pgpool to prevent this behavior ?

I don't know why tomcat failed to disconnect or how connection status is
exatly in your case. But, you can specify child_life_time or client_idle_limit
to terminate children process which are idle too long.

http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#CHILD_LIFE_TIME
http://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/pgpool-en.html#CLIENT_IDLE_LIMIT