[pgpool-general: 2812] Re: pgpool 3.3 and watchdog

Joar Jegleim joar.jegleim at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:10:14 JST 2014

Please forgive me,  false alarm, it works now.

When I was reproducing this to send you the logs it suddenly worked (?) .
I suspect it's because I've disabled iptables since I was working with
this last time.

I've previously opened up heartbeat port 9694 and watchdog port 9000
between the 2 nodes (+ pgpool and postgres ports of course), I thought
mabye that was enough .
Mabye I will have to open up for the delegate ip as well, or mabye
there are some more ports I will have to open up.

Anyway, I will continue testing with no iptables, and figure this
thing out when pgpool and postgres configuration / testing / tuning
etc.. is done .

As an other note I was looking into using pacemaker and all the
cluster utilities that comes with CentOS yesterday, I wonder if anyone
have any experience in using pacemaker + pgpool VS. simply using
pgpool + watchdog and delegate ip .

My first impression of pacemaker is that it seem pretty robust + mabye
I should consider proper fencing of failed nodes . On the other side
going down that route my setup becomes a whole lot more complex so I'm
not sure yet which is better for my setup which most probably will
consist of 2 nodes ( I'd have to disable cuorum and stuff ) .

I will probably look into both solutions and try figure out what works
best for us .

Any input on this is much appreciated .

--
Joar Jegleim