[pgpool-general: 2992] Re: Confusion between backend and Watchdog nodes?

Yugo Nagata nagata at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Jun 30 20:33:36 JST 2014

Hi,

pgpool's active/standby switching occurs because active pgpool
fails to issue lifecheck query "SELECT 1" to itself before
failover of backend finishes.

To avoid this, health_check_period should be smaller, or
wd_interval and wd_life_point should be larger.

In fact, I recommend to use 'heartbeat' mode rather than 'query'.
The query mode can be problem because pgpool failure and backend
failure are not well seperated.

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata at sraoss.co.jp>