[pgpool-general: 2980] Re: health check failed

Wolf Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Thu Jun 26 23:15:17 JST 2014

Yes the backend is working? The application is able to connect.

I set in /etc/hosts postgres servers IP and hostname on the pgpool servers
and on postgres servers I set pgpool IP and hostname in /etc/hosts. its
all on the same network so there should be any network issues.

It doesn¹t go through a firewall

Here shows the connection from pgpool to postgres
pgprod-con1 ~  pgpool $ psql -p 9999
psql (9.2.6)
Type "help" for help.

postgres=#

Show nodes
postgres=# show pool_nodes;
 node_id |  hostname  | port | status | lb_weight |  role
---------+------------+------+--------+-----------+---------
 0       | pgprod-db  | 5432 | 2      | 0.500000  | primary
 1       | pgprod-rep | 5432 | 2      | 0.500000  | standby
(2 rows)

I¹m not getting the error in my dev environment and in my RC environment I
only see the error on my standby pgpool server.

Our setup for all of our environments
2 pgpool servers (primary/standby)
2 postgres server (primary with streaming standby)

Wolfgang Schwurack
Database/System Administrator
Utah Education Network
801-587-9444