[pgpool-general: 2926] Re: Connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT, again

Juan Jose Perez jperez at oteara.com
Thu Jun 19 01:37:38 JST 2014

     Hi Tatsuo,

     We are facing this same problem, and as I see it remains unsolved
(or perhaps they didn't report the solution).
     We are using pgpool 3.3.3, with two postgres 9.1 in streaming
replication. The OS is Debian 3.2.54-2 (64bits).

     The log shows messages like this:

         ProcessFrontendResponse: failed to read kind from frontend.
frontend abnormally exited

     I'm not sure but it looks like one for each connection left unclosed.

     Also, a ps -ef returns a lot of pgpool children in DISCARD state.
And the netstat -anp, gives the correspondent TCP connection in
CLOSE_WAIT state.

     The developer has checked the client process is closing the
connections and we try connecting directly to the postgres and it worked
fine.

     When you say "to attach debugger", do you mean change log_statment
= true or debug_level to a value other than 0 or any other procedure?

     Many thanks,

--
Juanjo Pérez

www.oteara.com