[pgpool-general: 2914] New installer (experimental)

Nozomi Anzai anzai at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jun 12 14:39:29 JST 2014

Hi,

I created the new repository of pgpool's installer which was improved a
lot from the current one.

   https://github.com/sraoss/pgpool-II-installer

Now I think it is just a beta quality, and I will continue to enhance it
for pgpool-II 3.4.

The files in new github repository are just for a part of the installer
package because there aren't RPM packages.

The new installer with RPMs (experimental) can be downloaded from:
http://www.pgpool.net/download.php?f=installer2-pg93-3.3.3.tar.gz

Change log

- Move the scripts from pgpool-II's main repository(http://www.pgpool.net).

- A lot of enhances and bug fixes. Created prototypes by Nozomi Anzai,
  improved them by Yuta Masano.
  - The installer can install the all of pgpool-II's servers and
    PostgreSQL's servers at once.
  - Remove the restriction that pgpool-II and PostgreSQL are in the same
    hosts.
  - Recognizes installer.conf which users writes as they like.
  - Add error checks such as that the specified directory already exists,
    etc.
  - Add paging while executing the script.
  - Separated one too long script into a short main script and some
    libraries.