[pgpool-general: 646] Re: Forwarding session settings from slave to master

Kouber Saparev kouber at saparev.com
Tue Jun 19 17:11:02 JST 2012

On 06/15/2012 01:49 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> It seems you need to prevent set_var() from load balancing.
> Please consider to use black_function_lis/white_function_list
> or /*NO LOAD BALANCE*/ comment.

Well, the problem is not that it is load-balanced, but that once it is,
the setting is lost - it stays on the slave only. While when using plain
SQL command "SET session.user_sid TO 5", the setting is forwarded as
well - it is on both the master and the slave.

Any way, I rewrote my after connect statements so that they use SET,
instead of the stored procedure, but I was curious why there's a
difference - after all, the stored procedure is executing exactly the
same statement inside it.

Regards,
--
Kouber Saparev