[pgpool-committers: 6256] pgpool: Fix inappropriate ereport call in VALID_BACKEND.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Oct 4 14:06:45 JST 2019

Fix inappropriate ereport call in VALID_BACKEND.

VALID_BACKEND (more precisely pool_virtual_master_db_node_id) macro
emitted message if pgpool is performing failover/failback:

ereport(WARNING,
                (errmsg("failover/failback is in progress"),
                                errdetail("executing failover or failback on backend"),
                 errhint("In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database")));

This could be called within signal handlers and
POOL_SETMASK(&BlockSig)/POOL_SETMASK(&UnBlockSig) was called to block
an interrupt because ereport is not reentrant. However it is possible
that callers have already called POOL_SETMASK, and this could result
unwanted signal unblock.

Fix is, removing ereport and POOL_SETAMASK all together. This results
in removing the message above but we have no choice.

I found the problem while investigating regression
055.backend_all_down failure but of course the bug could have bitten
users in other places.

Branch
------
master