[pgpool-committers: 5657] pgpool: Fix DROP DATABASE failure.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Apr 16 17:41:44 JST 2019

Fix DROP DATABASE failure.

When DROP DATABASE gets executed, SIGUSR1 is sent to the Pgpool-II
child process being issuing the command. In its SIGUSR1 handler,
MASTER macro is called while closing all idle connections. The MACRO
checks whether we are in failover process surely we are. As a result,
the process exits and DROP DATABASE command never been issued.

Per bug 486. However the reason of segfault in the report is not
clear.  After commit:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=commit;h=66b5aacfcc045ec1485921a5884b637fcfb6fd73

Things could be different. Let the user test the latest version in the
git repo and see if the problem is solved...

Branch
------
V3_7_STABLE

Details