[pgpool-committers: 488] pgpool: Fix bug with treatment of BEGIN TRANSACTION in master/slave

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at postgresql.org
Thu Jul 12 10:59:22 JST 2012

Fix bug with treatment of BEGIN TRANSACTION in master/slave
mode. Original complain is [pgpool-general: 714]. From 3.1, pgpool-II
sends BEGIN.. to all DB nodes. Of course we cannot send BEGIN
TRANSACTION READ WRITE to standby nodes. Problem is, we did not check
BEGIN WORK ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE; and sent to standby nodes. Of
course this is wrong, since it's not allowed to run transactions in
serializable mode on standby nodes. So I added check for BEGIN WORK
ISOLATION LEVEL SERIALIZABLE case, with some refactoring because
there's lots of redundant codes.

Branch
------
V3_1_STABLE